Tuesday, November 11, 2008

so we can't pull off a french accent

Joe & I sent the weekend in Besancon, France this weekend with Kate's best friends. Perhaps you would look at the name of this town & think, that can't be so hard to pronounce. Well, you would be incorrect, we took a lot of heat, from the man who I purchased our train tickets from, to Joe's coworkers, to Meredith's teammates who only spoke French, yet still found a way to communicate to me I was butchering the name of their town! Oh, the French. Other than the town's name, everything about the weekend was fabulous. We were totally overwhelmed by what great hosts Meredith & Justin were! They totally showed us how to do it for when we have guests (so get ready K!)So, one of the big reason we went to visit them was to see Justin play basketball. I can't say this is something I would usually enjoy in the States (flash to me falling asleep at Billikens games), but I was excited to see him play. Plus, we were in France which is a bit more exciting than the Savvis. And, what a great game it was. His team won by 2 points, Justin had a great game & we had got to do something totally American! We had great weather, tons of delicious food & fantastic company!, can't get much better than that! Au revoir.

No comments: