Friday, September 30, 2011

Mags & Nick, Swiss-time - Part I



As usual with my parents, Mom arrived about 5 days before Dad. She had a bit of a cold, so she did a shocking amount of sleeping at first! We went out for some nice lunches, went for a lot of different hikes - the one on the Zuriberg right above our house, one in Appenzell, one around a lake with Erin & Will, one by the zoo, etc. We took out pedalos (it's been total Indian summer almost all of September!), went to the pool with the kids I watch, ate some nice homemade dinners and closed out the season at Bauschanzl​i on my 30th. As the bar was closing for the summer season, they put out a big table of free drinks and food. There were mostly all older Swiss people in there, jostling for the food, and let me tell you, old people here tend to be more 'I'm going first and I don't care if I knock you down in the process' than the rest. Although, as you can imagine, Mags was in there jostling with the best of them. She came back to our table, smiling with her kill (roasted chicken, berries, wine), then her second take (more wine & dessert), and then, when she was definitely a bit tipsy from the beer we paid for & the free wine, she just found a guy to pour her yet another glass of free wine. Just stuck out her empty cup and smiled. Yeah, that's Mags for you! We met Joe by his office as we were all going out for dinner that evening and as he was walking up, we were all seriously cracking up, about what, I have no clue. But, he thought there was something on his face, or that his fly was open. I think it was more nerves to tell him he missed out on the last day of Bauschanzl​i (his fav), and that he missed a bunch of free drinks & food! Time in Switzerland definitely provided the best weather of their trip -- Sudtirol (snow) & Munich Oktoberfest (rain), coming soon!

No comments: