Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Getting closer to legit...
I am just a few steps away from officially being employed in the land of cheese & chocolates! My new position can be called a recess supervisor, a nanny or a tutor (all of which seem to fit moderately well), although of course, my personal favorite is recess supervisor (complete resume booster, no?!) Basically, I am going to be working with a young boy with cystic fibrosis (which is an interesting disease, that I was totally clueless about...) So, he can't really go outside when it's wet/damp, so basically 95.8% of the time here. Therefore, my job is to supervise him during his 2 recesses as he stays in the building most of the time (WTF?, who gets 2 freaking recesses?), lunch/snacktime to make sure he takes his meds, etc. etc. I am pretty excited about it, the school has amazing facilities, basically making every school (including University) I've ever been to look like it's the school from Lean on Me in comparison. The principle (I was, admittedly, nervous to meet with, hello, it's the Principle people), teachers & staff that I met were all amazing & I am confident it will be a great community to be a part of! It's only part-time, which is great; still allows for massage, German classes, the gym, or practicum...you all know this girl can't handle a FT job doing the same thing everyday. So, as long as there are no Swiss government permitting issues, I will be all good to go and will start working after the school's two-week Easter break..it's not going to be hard to get used to all the breaks either, right, teacher friends?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
PrinciPAL not princiPLE, right Liz?!
Post a Comment