Monday, December 7, 2009

Joe is so going to kill me...

 
Much to my excitement on Sunday morning I noticed a leak under our kitchen sink. You think a leak, no big deal. So, Joe works his plumber look (aka every Sun morning look), only to realize he's not going to be able to remedy the situation. We must commence to use our German language *skills to contact someone to get over here & take care of it. Unfortunately, plumbers aren't known for their English language *skills. I'm pretty sure I have an appointment set up for tomorrow...
*skills --- also known as the ability to communicate at the same level as this Indian kid at the school who I have spoken to 7 times & never understood more than 3 words he's said, none of which actually related to each other, or which I may have made up.
also known as the ability to mess up vital prepositions, which incidentally change the entire meaning of what you are trying to convey.
also known as the ability to smile stupidly when uncomprehending, a tool that is rendered ineffective whilst on the telephone.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary said...

Awwwww, Joe, your dad is going to be so proud when I show him this picture! What a chip off the old block!
Love,
Mom

Karla said...

i'm speechless.