Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wies'n/Oktoberfest 2010


This is our formal invitation to my 6 readers to join next year for Oktoberfest, 2011. My official, legitimate dirndle (can you believe the one I'm wearing in the photos is from a costume shop? I mean, it's oozes class & taste, right?) arrived to Zurich during our weekend at Oktoberfest (not helpful), so I have at least one reason to return next year. 2010 went down in history for the most visitors (6.4 million of your closest friends), an impressive 7 million liters of bier consumed and of course, the honor of hosting super awesome people, Adam, Trish, Joe & myself. Help us to break the record again next year!;) We all kept ourselves in reasonably good shape, although it did become clear that Adam was pretty drunk at the end of our first night when he had his arm around me for a solid 15 (atypical Adam style). Joe was feeling ill, so I suppose it was better than cuddling up to him! The weekend was just another reminder that we have super awesome friends (thanks to Trisha who took most of the photos above, then emailed them all to me!), beer is tasty and Munich is one of the best cities in Europe, if not the world! Prost!

3 comments:

MK said...

I may need to delay my appearance at Oktoberfest until 2012. NO NIGHT SCHOOL by then:)

Good pics for sure!

Anonymous said...

2 things: #1- your Aussie mate friend with the mullet bears a striking resemblence to Lord Farquad from Shrek. Did you also spot a lot of green ogres while in Munich?

#2- Will and I would seriously love to go to Oktoberfest next year! Is it too early to put in our reservation to hang with you guys?

MK said...

Ahhhh, Joe are you really still rocking the Showers of Service shirt, circa 2002-2003? LOVE IT!