Where do they get it from? Really. Where?
The scene: Eldest child (C) is home for a month for school holidays. She is 8, lives in England most of the year, and therefore, operates monetarily in pounds.
C: I got 45pounds for my birthday. I'm going to save it as I don't need any more toys
Me: That is wonderful. Fabulous idea, what are you going to save up for?
C: For when I get older, I'll need it for things like income tax and my drivers license.
Yes people, her income tax. Joe would be a big fan.
The scene: At the dinner table, some light pop music playing on the radio.
A (5 yo): Who sings this song?
Me: I have no idea.
I (3 yo): Jack Johnson
Me: Did you just say Jack Johnson, or maybe Michael Jackson?
I (3 yo): Yes, Jack Johnson.
For the record, it was not Jack Johnson, but honestly you are 3. I heard of Jack Johnson first when I was 20.
The scene: Same evening, still at the dinner table. We are on a music kick.
A (5 yo): How many Beatles are still alive?
Me: At least 1, I know McCartney is still alive.
A (5 yo): No, 2 are alive, 2 are dead.
Me: So, why did you even ask me if you knew the answer?
Dudes, I just googled this & he's correct. Everyone loves being bested by a five year old, right?
2 comments:
Wow, your little guys have some personality. Very entertaining Liz; thanks for sharing.
Hope all else is well too!
Liking the new blog look...fit for spring.
How do these kids know so much!?! The google machine must be hard at work in this household.
Post a Comment