Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DLP's Zimmer

 

This decal never looked better than directly after we applied it to the wall. Good thing I took a photo of it immediately as it's degraded significantly since then. Apparently, as every intelligent individual would assume, textured walls + decals = annoying mess. Plus, hair-drying your walls in a futile attempt to help a decal stay in place starts to get old. It's working right now, but as you all know, we are perfectionists. I've taken to never standing close to the decal and not looking at in the light of day. Looking better already!
 

The crib is all made, and outfitted with the firmest (read: hard), most costly (exorbitant shipping prices from the US) crib mattress in the world. Hope DLP doesn't mind too much.
 

The changing table which is kitted out with awesome Anthropologie knobs that you probably can't see properly in this photo. Seriously, this kid has the nicest set-up in the house. I've gotten a bit of a bug up my butt to make the rest of the place look just a bit more homey because the DLP is showing us adults up big time. This does mean we've been furniture shopping multiple times (our version of hell, as we can completely and totally agree on what we like but are basically too flippin cheap to buy the stuff here). Finally we've decided on a few pieces to spruce the place up a bit. I had a client over the other day and he said, twice, that 'our place is really coming together.' Yeah, I get it. It needed it, I know.
 

We're still seriously at a loss on the whole baby name thing...
On a more amusing note, a few Swiss people I've shown this to think this says 'dip.' Yeah, our kids going to be a dip.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ann said...

Liz, it looks super cute in there! :)

Mary said...

Yay! I love it! Ronode thinks it's cute, too!

Daddyo said...

I am starting to feel sorry for DLP....with two parents like you, DLP may need a lot more spoiling then I anticipated....don't worry DLP, Nana & Poppa will rescue you!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so cute! Even Mama. Hope all is going well. Can't wait till DLP arrives.

Love to both of you. NCAA tomorrow night. Go Billikens!!!

Love
Aunt Di