We had a great time with Mags & Nick in town. For the most part the weather cooperated and I was finally feeling up for getting out and about more. We tried to go out somewhere each day for a coffee, drink, or meal and we walked all over the shop. Mags made me feel ridiculous (I'm still not allowed to carry anything much, but I felt like a real ass just walking next to her while she lugged the groceries multiple times while pushing the pram, uphill). Seriously, the walk home from the grocery store is straight up. We hit up a lot of our fav spots in town; our friend Mike's restaurant with Erin, Lach & Will (he enjoyed some dirt while we ate delicious spinach dip and sandwiches; Mags & Erin even shared a brownie sundae...and trust me, with those two, no one else was offered a bite). Le Pain Quotidien & Baschanzli were frequented multiple times, we met Bonnie at Bohemia (I always meet her there; so much so that it feels unnatural to go there without her). We had borrowed Erin & Lach's car while they were away, so we took our first car ride, checked out a cute town in eastern Switzerland, Stein am Rhein, went to the Rheinfalls, and generally tested out William's tolerance for car rides (doesn't like getting strapped into the car seat, but after he's all locked and loaded, he passes out for inordinately long stretches). Liam also had his one month doctor's appointment while Mags & Nick were in town, so all four of us rocked up to the doctor's office. Our doctor's great, and he wasn't phazed in the least (even if Joe & I were). As with most doctor's appointments in Switzerland, he spent lots of time with us, and kind of made us feel awkward when we didn't have more questions for him. Liam was sans diap for too long during the doctor's exam and Joe & I knew it was going to be trouble. Finally, he peed all over, just narrowly missing Dr. Baeckert;). Joe & I also went out for a great dinner while Mags & Nick babysat one night. Liam slept the entire time we were out, which was a lot longer than we'd expected, and after going to town eating when we got home, I passed out while Joe tried to get Liam to fall asleep. At least the lil nugget cooperated for Nana & Papa, but we paid for it (well, mostly Joe paid for it...apparently I can sleep like a rock through our baby crying in the same room as me;)... It was clearly fabulous to have my parents here, to have Mags help out with middle of the night changes in her nightshirt, to eat delicious dinners courtesy of Nick, to enjoy every meal while it was still hot because Mags would always be the first to hold Liam while he fussed (his favorite time to make us aware of his presence is during mealtime...the kid can be completely passed out, but once he smells food or senses we are about to eat, he's all, 'hey, look at me, i insist you hold me. and, i mean NOW'). Thanks for everything Mom & Dad!
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Nana & Papa Visit
We had a great time with Mags & Nick in town. For the most part the weather cooperated and I was finally feeling up for getting out and about more. We tried to go out somewhere each day for a coffee, drink, or meal and we walked all over the shop. Mags made me feel ridiculous (I'm still not allowed to carry anything much, but I felt like a real ass just walking next to her while she lugged the groceries multiple times while pushing the pram, uphill). Seriously, the walk home from the grocery store is straight up. We hit up a lot of our fav spots in town; our friend Mike's restaurant with Erin, Lach & Will (he enjoyed some dirt while we ate delicious spinach dip and sandwiches; Mags & Erin even shared a brownie sundae...and trust me, with those two, no one else was offered a bite). Le Pain Quotidien & Baschanzli were frequented multiple times, we met Bonnie at Bohemia (I always meet her there; so much so that it feels unnatural to go there without her). We had borrowed Erin & Lach's car while they were away, so we took our first car ride, checked out a cute town in eastern Switzerland, Stein am Rhein, went to the Rheinfalls, and generally tested out William's tolerance for car rides (doesn't like getting strapped into the car seat, but after he's all locked and loaded, he passes out for inordinately long stretches). Liam also had his one month doctor's appointment while Mags & Nick were in town, so all four of us rocked up to the doctor's office. Our doctor's great, and he wasn't phazed in the least (even if Joe & I were). As with most doctor's appointments in Switzerland, he spent lots of time with us, and kind of made us feel awkward when we didn't have more questions for him. Liam was sans diap for too long during the doctor's exam and Joe & I knew it was going to be trouble. Finally, he peed all over, just narrowly missing Dr. Baeckert;). Joe & I also went out for a great dinner while Mags & Nick babysat one night. Liam slept the entire time we were out, which was a lot longer than we'd expected, and after going to town eating when we got home, I passed out while Joe tried to get Liam to fall asleep. At least the lil nugget cooperated for Nana & Papa, but we paid for it (well, mostly Joe paid for it...apparently I can sleep like a rock through our baby crying in the same room as me;)... It was clearly fabulous to have my parents here, to have Mags help out with middle of the night changes in her nightshirt, to eat delicious dinners courtesy of Nick, to enjoy every meal while it was still hot because Mags would always be the first to hold Liam while he fussed (his favorite time to make us aware of his presence is during mealtime...the kid can be completely passed out, but once he smells food or senses we are about to eat, he's all, 'hey, look at me, i insist you hold me. and, i mean NOW'). Thanks for everything Mom & Dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, it is so amazing to me that you have created a tiny human that is the spitting image of both of you! In one picture he looks just like you, then the next he looks just like Joe! Either way, Liam is adorable!! I love how full of expression he already is!
Do you know how long it took me to figure out "Mags" is your mom? Hilarious...and Joe is lookin damn good in that flowered baby-holder thing. Thanks for keeping us posted!
Sounds (and looks) like you had a fab time! Great photos!
Post a Comment