Lip-smacking...
We still love you Munich, but I guess it's time to let our relationship cool off after 5 visits by Joe & 6 visits by Liz in the past 10 years. Honestly, it's not you, it's us...
We planned a short weekend trip to Munich
with friends who also have a baby and were pleasantly surprised to find out
that Munich’s
Fruehlingsfest would be going on while we were there. The Fruehlingsfest is a mini version of Oktoberfest, although certainly not nearly as rocking as the real thing. After
the Fruehlingsfest, and some city touring which happened to include a few more beergardens, we realized that our nostalgia
for Munich was
built around, well, beer. However, liters of beer all day plus an active, I like to eat rocks, crawl away from you & wake up at 5am one-year old in tow certainly changes the perspective. And, when both Joe & I stayed in on Saturday night to watch the kids (ie. fall asleep at 8.30) so our friends could go out & neither of us were up for joining them as planned, well, you could see how far we'd fallen...
We still love you Munich, but I guess it's time to let our relationship cool off after 5 visits by Joe & 6 visits by Liz in the past 10 years. Honestly, it's not you, it's us...
No comments:
Post a Comment