So, I woke up my first morning at my parent's house to this familiar sight, a to-do list. Ah, I felt like I was in high school all over again. Sorry Mom....you had no idea your note would live in infamy. I've been having a great time with the parents, grandparents, (bosco? maybe not so much....), brother (who will probably be recovering for weeks from the bike ride Dave, Mom & I took yesterday along the lake.) Yes, yesterday was quite an adventure. We took a 12 mile ride out to the Museum of Science and Industry to see a energy efficient "green" house. Don't worry, the $450,000 price tag for the house was enough to shock me into realizing, I don't love the earth that much. After we walked around the museum, we were about to get back on the bikes and ride the 12 miles back when Mom realized she lost one of her diamond earrings. The ride home consisted of breaking everywhere we had stopped on the ride out to search for the earring. Of course, it was futile. I felt pretty dejected about the whole situation, David was concerned about his supposed bruised butt, and Mags seemed unphazed somehow. We bucked up though and had a great dinner & drinks at a restaurant by David's house that Kristin recommended (good pick K)! We wrapped up our city tour with drinks at a local pub, which Nick refused to enter (*shocking, Dad turning down booze, I know...) Finally, Mom, Dad & I got home and I asked Mom if she had looked around on the floor for her earring. Clearly, I had already assumed it was gone and retired to bed. Less than five minutes later Mom walks in to tell me she had found her earring! (What a miracle, I thought.) Should have known better - it was on her dresser, turns out she had only put one earring in her ear that morning!
Today is Joe's last day working at E&Y St. Louis, and his last day in his hometown for a while (I'm thinking of you hub). So, let's hope he treats his co-workers to one last round of "We Didn't Start the Fire" karaoke to bid them and his beautiful singing career farewell!

3 comments:
I'm exceptionally impressed with the skills to actually get the hard-copy of the to-do list in electronic form and uploaded on to the world wide web.
BTW: This blog has officially made my daily website check - right up there with www.woot.com
Joe,
What is your new email address? Hopefully your last day at EY wasnt too painful.
You're not alone - my mom was also a big fan of the "to do" list.
Good luck, you crazy kids!
Post a Comment