Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well. Joe & I actually (mostly) slept through the night last night and have been going strong all day today. Joe is meeting with his new colleagues at E&Y, and I am at the only place with free WiFi in Zurich, Starbucks. But as the title notes, it is a "total ripoff." Did anyone see Bela Karoli talking about the total ripoff of American gymnastics? Well, I bet he would be just as vehement about the ripoff I am experiencing here. A tall iced caramel machaitto (made wrong, as I am fairly confident that I am drinking milk with carmel in it) was 6.80CHF. That's right my friends, $6 bucks for milk and some free internet.
We did meet our agent who will help us search for our apartment. She left us swirling with vast amounts of information, but she seems like she will be a great fit for us. Young, honest & friendly, so I think it will work out well. We are starting to get a feel for a few of the areas and walked past our temporary apartment today which is in quite a nice, central locale.
Maybe I'll decide to slurge on some milk again tomorrow...if so, maybe you'll all hear from me again.
Much love!
3 comments:
Liz,
pls send me your email address...
Dad
What was a total rip-off? That the American's didn't win, or they won too much? I need to watch some television, and get in touch with the world I guess.
Btw, I usually save reading the blog for night school, so it's always a nice little treat while I'm learning about torts, contracts, etc.
So for me, your 6 bajillion dollar glass of milk is worth it to me.
Welcome in Europe - that's what we told you all the time - the US is the heaven on earth, everything is so cheap here...
Post a Comment