Friday, April 3, 2009
Toto, I don't think we're in Switzerland anymore
I met up with Joe for the night where he will be spending a significant amount of time working, in, as I am lovingly renaming it, L'ame'aussane. Sounds French, doesn't it? The whole speaking French thing was one of the many things I disliked about this place. Usually, I don't have a problem with people speaking in their mother tongue, I know, I am a true hero. But, for some reason it really struck me there, I do not like French. Is this my father talking? Perhaps my husband? Well, either way, Switzerland should seriously consider annexing this cesspool, I mean city. The day did not start out so well when 5 minutes into my city tour, a creepy man passed me on the street and said 'hey there beautiful.' Somehow creepy people have a way of saying things quietly but it sounds like they say it directly into your eardrum. Ugh, I forgot about French men. The place was dirty, there was spray paint 'art' on the churches even. In my mind, church vandalism is a sure sign, this place is not moving up in the world. Additionally, people were approaching me on the street asking for money or sitting on corners playing lame looking instruments. I expect this sort of thing in places like Italy, Chicago, your mom's house, but come on, I am still supposed to be in Switzerland. Outrageous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh how I have corrupted you !
Viva la France ! Not.....
Although I like Sarkosy...must be that first name of his.
Post a Comment