Thursday, June 4, 2009

Crazed Electrical Appliances

I enjoy a good farmer's market. Seriously, they border on a religious fanaticism for me. The one about 5 blocks from our house occurs on Tues & Fri every week. Being that today is Friday, I attended. However, as I approached, I noticed some oddities. A man dressed in a cardboard 10franc contraption, an energy efficient light bulb, a coffee maker (and, it was even representing the best brand of coffee maker, Nespresso, leave it to the Swiss to take it to that level), OH the Washing Machine Man, with clothes inside, he was my favorite. This was all put on by our lovely electric company, EWZ. They are not so subtle about their desire for one to choose their energy efficient electric services. Hence, the appliances invading on my farmer's market. Now, I like the earth as much as the next guy, although maybe not quite as much as Karla...but, must we take it to this level? Must I really stoop to saying hello to the 10Franc man, while essentially running away from him to avoid his sales pitch in Swiss German. Who could honestly take a sales pitch seriously when coming from a lil circle of person face that is completely surrounded by the lowest denomination bill? Tell me, who of you out there could honestly handle the ridiculousness of that?

On a slightly annoying note, when I arrived at the gym yesterday (on a day I had predestined in my mind as lifting day) the lifting side was all in the process of being rearranged. I do not like change, Sam I am. I mean seriously, you should see what they did with the place, it's senseless.

1 comment:

Daddyo said...

Call me crazy but I think I would be entertained by those electrical appliances...maybe you would if one was an air conditioner..hmmm.
We definitely haven't had any need for the AC yet this summer.
Mom