Monday, November 2, 2009

FCZ! FCZ! FCZ!

 
So, Adam, Trish, Joe & I all attended our first professional soccer game here in Zurich this past Saturday night (incidentally, this was my first professional soccer game, EVER, but there's no need to expound upon why that is I'm sure, ehhem soccer is boring). Although Trish did play soccer in college, so there was no such talk at the event. The fans were almost all men. I have never been able to use a bathroom so freely at any large event. Most of them were smoking, right there, in the seats. A few other interesting notes that would only occur at an organized event in Switzerland: a 2CHF deposit on very cheap cups (Joe was pretty flustered by this) and the entrances. Our tickets said entrance D29. But, upon arriving at the stadium, we saw an entrance & just walked up to it. Seems legit, right? Wrong. Joe put his ticket in the little scanner & it beeped at him & refused to let him enter. The lady basically said, can't come in this way, have to enter at your exact gate. Only in this neurotically organized country can you not just enter a stadium & walk around inside it to get to your seats. Post-game we tried out a new-ish Mexican restaurant that I'd heard good things about. It was tasty, and more closely reminiscent of Mexican food than anything else we've had in Europe. Both the boys even had stomachaches after eating (wusses), so, I'd say that's authentic!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Daddyo said...

it's amazing to see that you still love soccer...after all of those wonderful Saturday's on LI were you just wanted to get out there and kick the crap out of the ball....after your Pop Tart bribe...