Friday, February 12, 2010
Books, Bücher, Libros, Books!
I arrived to work on Wednesday & went down to the lounge to make myself a tea, which is one of my many feeble attempts at maintaining my body temp while outside for recess. And, imagine my surprise, confusion & delight, when I see a bunch of tables set up with endless books on them and a sign that states 1CHF per book, or 20CHF for a bag! Our book shelf was already overflowing, now, it's just hopeless. The books will remain piled up on the ground until we move, of that I'm sure. So, I purchased over 30 books the past few days, for just 28CHF. Honestly, I felt like a kid in a candy store. Although, that does mean that my new love, the Kindle (thanks brother), is going to be taking a backseat for a while as we plow through all these novels. Joe was quite excited as well since books are pretty much the main thing I spend money on. Most of my reading for 2010 for 28francs, I'll take it;) Most notably, we are now proud owners of a hardcover anniversary addition of Atlas Shrugged. The huge 60franc Africa book (2007 edition) was definitely the most exciting deal. And, the first book I'll be reading from the pile is The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down. Get ready for a lot more book updates. Currently, I'm working on Stones Into Schools, the sequel to Three Cups of Tea. I heart being a giant geek.
A giant hooray for ski holiday (yes, ski holiday) & my impending visit to Wheaton, thanks earth for having comparably shitty weather all over my world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment