Thanks to the encouragement of my rockin husband, who spent the past week workin' it like McCracken, I enjoyed ski holiday (seriously Switzerland, ski holiday?) in Chicago, almost exclusively hanging out with my fantastic family. Mags, Nick & I enjoyed a Saturday evening at Sushi House (where we were 1 of 2 non-couple tables present due to Valentines Day, niiice).
Sunday night at A. Patti's, hanging out with the Maviglianos & enjoying time with my crazed, adorable little cousins. Monday was an all-day Kristin & Charlotte shopping excursion/hanging out/5buckchuck eating experience. Seriously, that is one mad cute little lady. She sticks out her tongue while smiling and shimming about, honestly, how can one resist a combo like that?
Mags & I made a trip into the city to see David, eat good food & pay a visit to the John G. Shedd aquarium, much of which is exactly the same as it was when we took field trips there as kids in school. For some reaon, I was dead-set on seeing "the show - Fantasea" which ended up to be beyond lame for a group of 3 adults who could clearly identify that the girl who was "randomly" drawn from the audience to interact with the dolphins & penguins was the worst plant job ever. If she waved her ridiculous wave one more time....
Additionally, while downtown, a rather street (baggy jeans, sideways hat, you know the type) looking man stated to me; "I like your style." I gave him a perky "thank you very much." My brother effectively shot down my excitement by stating that 'there's no way that guy was being serious.' Or, that perhaps 'style' means something in different cultures that this little suburbanite/Swiss is missing out on.
Friday night was GNO with Karla, Ann & Co. We ate delicious food at Ben Pao (oh goodness Chicago readers -- like 9 people;). You must go there. It was great to catch up & spend some time out with the people I have been friends with the longest. Ann & I picked up a train beer before heading out to the suburbs. The guy who snapped this photo of us completely missed the point, which was to get us under the sign of the bar, but ah well --- he was also in fatigues & insisted on a 'GO Army' from us. Can't expect much from a guy that notes 'That was a great shot, I'm sure I'll be seeing this photo in Maxim soon.' Yes, because nothing screams racy publication like winter coats & Miller Lites.
Of course, I also mixed in a lot of time with my favorite grandparents. From walking with Nana, Aunt Mary & Mom, to eating popcorn at the Meells, to lunch out with Papa, working out with Mom & falling asleep on the couch watching the Olympics with the p's most nights, I enjoyed more than my fair share of quality family time. I can't thank Joe enough for encouraging me & supporting me in going. I was overjoyed to be at home, but I'm also beyond happy to be back in our current home, returning the favor of supporting the guy who's still busting it.

2 comments:
Two things:
1. did you have sesame something at Ben Pao?
2. You failed to mention that some like your color too!
It was fun. We miss you already.
K
1. Yes, sesame chicken, sweet babyJ that was delicious.
2. Some man working at the outlet mall did come up to me & say, "I like your color." To which I responded, "what?" He simply repeated himself & I said, "I have no idea what you are talking about." Oh, he's a hairdresser & "he likes my hair color." Sure, that makes sense.
Miss you too.
Post a Comment