Friday, June 11, 2010
I Just Googled It
And microwaveable bagged rice lighting on fire does not produce any results. Am I unique? I noticed the smoke, but I thought it was from the veggies I was cooking on high heat on the stove top. However, it just kept coming. Then I looked over at our microwave (we just inherited it when we moved in, perhaps I forgot how to operate one over the past 2 years??). And the baby is pouring out smoke. I mean, legitimate, I'm cursing in the kitchen, smoke. I open the microwave, think holy shit, then try to blow it out because I'm not about to grab a bag of rice that has fire spurting out the top, but that appears to only make it worse. Still cursing. Joe responds from the living room, do you need help? YES! A few moments later I hear him crutching over. And the man blows on it & it goes out! The audacity. How come my wind didn't have that effect? Somehow the microwave is still functional, although the top is seared & it smells a bit like burnt plastic. Fancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about the fiery bag of rice, but it sure makes for a great story. Thanks for sharing. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment