We arrived here in Zurich, 2 years ago today. All fresh, perplexed and a lot bit shocked. I could see it in Tim's face when he looked at the menu. That frightened look we once had about us. That, how am I ever going to eat, travel & save money? Clearly, you all know we're doing the first two & managing the third as well. It feels like a lot has changed this past year - new house, new job for me, some friends moving home and other, new ones emerging. I was writing an email to Stacey, one of our friends who has recently moved back to the US and is finding the transition a bit tough. I noted; ' I have to be honest, I am still completely smitten with Zurich. Even today, my breath caught as I was walking across the Quai after I'd completed my extensive errand list. Is it the light? The lake? The way the Grossmunster is just framed perfectly against the sky sometimes? What the heck is it?'
Honestly, what? Cause I just can't figure out how we're still so in love with this place.
1 comment:
The beauty of your statement is that you and Joe would really be happy anywhere you are.....
By the way Mom & I Love Zurich too...because you are both so happy there.....
Post a Comment