Sunday, August 29, 2010
Balade Gourmande, Grandson
Joe arranged for all of us to attend a wine walk yesterday. Basically, you walk from one location to the next along an arranged route, each location provides a course & wine to taste. We traveled to Lake Neuchatel, outside Yverdon, to partake in this 7km wine walking adventure. Most of the stops along the route were dairy farms & often, we were tasting wine & eating cheese with the lingering smells of cows. We were, most likely, the only non-French speaking people on the walk. One woman was quite surprised that we were there at all, noting it's much more of a local event. Usually, we aren't even aware when events are happening in our area, let alone another part of the country, so I was quite impressed with us.
Later, another woman, when we told her we live in Zurich, said 'you come from the big city.' Then proceeded to tell her friends & a wine pourer this fact. Big is certainly not the first adjective that comes to mind when I think of Zurich. She also mentioned that every year they change the route for the walk & that next year it will take place completely alongside the lake. We're definitely hoping for round-two next year, in case anyone wants to plan a trip out to coincide!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome views of the countryside...oh, that the Eckstein farms were so picturesque! And I've never heard of wine glass neck holders. Imagine that!!!
Sounds like an incredible trip. Wine, cheese, and wine glass neck holders...I must admit that I'm a little jealous. Sounds like a great day! :-)
Post a Comment