Monday, September 6, 2010

Magic Mouth

Somebody had their sass-pants on yesterday, and for once, it wasn't me. Instead the lil 4-year old guy I work with was whipping it out left and right. We've brought a picnic lakeside. It's the last decent day predicted for the week, so we're outside and so are a fair bit of others, despite the fact that it's 1.30 on a Monday. (Don't ask me how people are so rich here...) A man is laying down sort of close to the playground area. At one point, he pulls out a cigar and begins to smoke. A few minutes later, I'm straightening up where we'd picknicked & look up to see all 3 children standing in front of said man. I think 'oh, oh no.' Then, I see lil man wagging his finger at said man. Literally, he was wagging it, at a grown, stranger man. I walk up to a laughing guy saying, in accented English, 'they're telling me smoking is bad for me.' Hmmm, well.
Cut to bed-time. I've requested said lil man straighten up some bits of paper he's been cutting out. And I've requested and requested and....you see the pattern. Finally, someone else says I'll help so we pick all the bits up & throw them away. Now apparently some bits were not to be thrown away and he got very upset when he saw we'd thrown everything away. He begins to cry and carry on, then tell me 'your horrible, horrible, horrible' in his gorgeous little British accent. Honestly, nothing made me feel less horrible all day. Of course, I waited until I got home to laugh about it...doing the impression had Joe laughing crying.

Additionally, I arrived to a house full of people who thought my birthday was this week. (It got a bit confused in the 6-year old head, plus, I think she was just really excited about it). They made & hid cards around the living room. Waved to me from the balcony as I walked up from the bus stop. Sang happy birthday when I walked in. It was completely lovely & endearing. I'm already looking forward to next Monday to see what else they come up with ---
Since we don't have a car here, lil man always tells me 'he's going to buy me one for my birfday.' So, we'll see, could be a big birthday;)

No comments: