Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kung Fu Fighting.

Today at work, some children passed us on the pavement & Alice said to me, 'they are going to Kung Fu lessons.' I did not hesitate to break into song, loudly, proudly, on the sidewalk, in Switzerland. Don't click on the link if you don't want this song stuck in your head for the rest of the day & a better part of your dreams tonight. Although, probably the mere mention of the song invokes that response. But, I digress. After I sang for a while (as the children stared at me incredulously), Alice turns to me & says, 'Liz, you should really sing on stage. Your voice is like an angels.'
Oh, to be six again. I remember thinking this of my mom as well....and, let's just say, my opinions changed a bit. Perhaps I'll check back with Ali in a few years & see what she has to say about my kung fu then.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am totally cracking up!!! I am sure you have a good singing voice though Elizabeth!

Kristin Springer said...

I am also dying laughing. Oh the years in church listening to our mothers.... I'm sure your voice is a gift from above!

Brother said...

Ironically, i have nightmares of mom standing outside our bedrooms and serenading us to sleep with "Away in the Manger." I can only imagine the awesome, never before seen by the light of day dance moves you pulled out to accompany your kung fu fighting remix. I'm just glad i wasn't there to have that image and those vocals seared into my respective retinas and ear drums. PS. go see the facebook movie and catfish (also a documentary about facebook). I promise i don't like facebook enough to see to movies about it in a week, but i did so deal. Seriously, see these movies in german in french with subtitles it doesn't matter good show.