Sunday, January 23, 2011
Did you say hiking, in January!?
Last weekend and the preceding week we had a burst of mild, warmish January weather. Most of the snow on the nearby mountains melted, Swiss people freaked out, I rejoiced and all was right and fine with the world. Then, this week happened and the weekend's adventures required snow shoes to hike, but I'll get to it another post. Last Sunday, after strapping the baby to Dad, we proceeded to ascend a few 4-500m, for lunch. It was a gorgeous spot with perfect mountain views and a bunch of old Swiss people who were oogling and questioning about Will. Never have so many old Swiss people smiled in my general direction rather than trying to push me over to get on/off the tram first. It was quiet refreshing. And as Joe & I are the resident 'German speakers' from the group, we had to field all the questions. One being, 'eine Maedchen?' Well, considering the kid is wearing all blue, no, no he's not a girl. It was a sunny, warm way to spend a Sunday and I quite liked it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures, Liz! So nice to see the mountains in January! It's also nice to see our first picture of little Will..nice hair, since neither Joe nor Kate had much when they were born! Thanks for sharing, as always! Love, Momma D.
Post a Comment