Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Laax (The Mountain Kind).



We took a spontaneous trip out to Laax with Erin, Lach & Will this past Saturday and brrr was it a harsh difference from last weekend's hike. Joe & I began our snow shoe hike in pure overcast, snowy conditions. Basically, we were both thinking 'fthis, I don't even have my snow shoes on yet & I can't feel my fingers, we should just stay in the lodge with Lach & Will.' Then, we got a bit lost. Luckily though, we'd headed up a hill & could then see where we missed our trail. We got back on the right course, hiked up a bit more, and then, hallelujah we passed through the cloud line, the chorus of angels sang, the sun beat down. We wondered how we could have forgotten sunscreen. Oh right, it's pure overcast down there. It was so peaceful out there with the trail almost exclusively to ourselves, the tips of the mountains just peaking out over the cloud line, the vibrant sun, oh sun, how I love you so.

When we first moved here & we were just being exposed to the "Swiss MOUNTAIN experience," I thought the people taking their lunches outside in winter, in the mountains, or sitting in those little chairs, faces to the sun, were a bit, well, off. Why not go inside, warm up a bit? Now we're right there with them, like some crazy, deluded sun-bathers, freezing their asses off, faced directly towards the sun like it's emitting something much more powerful than mere rays of light.

1 comment:

Daddyo said...

WOW....how does it feel to be that close to GOD?