Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Game, Set, Match.

 

We have heard about this park literally since we moved to Zurich. For whatever reason, we never wandered up, never headed up the steep path to Lindenhof Park, until one day over Karla's visit. We sat down next to a free chess board and not a few minutes later, this Eastern European rocking a Hawiian shirt came up to challenge Joe to a game. The result is not something Joe would like me to discuss in detail here on the blog, but it was fun to be up there, get a slightly different view of the city and continue to experience things that are just a bit out of the norm. I mean, how often does an American play a Russian on a life-sized chess board while trying to communicate in German?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

Not gonna lie, I was hoping your blog title was going to be about how I correctly guessed who wrote what part on Scandinavia. But playing life-sized chess with a Russian was the 2nd best option.

Karla said...

Best part about that Hawaiian shirt was that it was silk!