Tuesday, January 31, 2012
A gift from one DLP to another
Nearly 10 years ago, I decided to 'take a break from college' and go to massage therapy school for a year. Luckily, my parents were supportive, and I started down a road that, in a lot of ways, has shaped my life. Within the first month of school, I was 'practicing' on a fellow student named Diane. We quickly realized we lived close to each other in South City and suddenly, I was giving her rides, eating delicious pastas in her cozy flat and adopting some of her more liberal ways. She jump started my first vegetarian stint and through her example, encouraged me to live my life more fully in countless ways.
It's pretty incredible that our lives are still weaved together through letters, sent between San Francisco and Romania to St. Louis and Zurich. She's pretty bad ass, working on kicking cancer for the second time in her mid-30s and finding time to make this beautiful gift for the DLP. Thank you Diane Louise Person, it's lovely. Or at least it is now, only time will tell once the other DLP gets their wet bottom, spit-up face and snotty nose all over it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Life is certainly not about what, where or when, it really is the how & who, that impact our lives and enrich it.
Geez if I had never asked your Mom out the last day of class, I would never have been blessed with you, your brother, Joe and soon DLP, oh and yes Maggie !
Post a Comment