Neither Joe nor I had even considered returning home to Zurich after our annual Christmas trip home to the US. It's never easy coming back here in January to overcast skies, long working days, and a car-free winter exsistence. However, this year was even more difficult than usual. I guess it hit us that next time we see you all, our lives will be utterly changed, the DLP will be here and we'll be parents. Holy shit. This still isn't quite sinking in.
As always, we had such a fabulous time in the US. Not too difficult considering we had two weeks off work, were spoiled with two fun baby showers, celebrated Christmas and New Years with family we adore, ate well, and generally loved life. The little people on both sides of our families are growing up so fast, and that’s when we really start to realize how much we miss out on. Charlotte, Kristin’s almost 3 year-old, put it best on the day we were flying out as I explained to her we wouldn’t be seeing her for a while because we live very far away. She said, ‘but I want you to stay.’ Trust me little lady, you weren’t the only one feeling that way.
1 comment:
I just teared a bit. Today in the car C randomly said liz & joe. I asked what about them and she said (in the cutest voice ever) "I love them." You guys certainly left a lasting impression on her!
Love to all 3 of you!
Post a Comment