Friday, September 14, 2012

Einunddreissig

Like 31yearold, like 5month old. If the kid (sorry Mar) is pulling faces like this 'I don't think so Mother' one already; I'm pretty sure we're screwed. Even I have to (sort of proudly) admit, there is plenty of me in that face.
So, my 'new birthday year resolution,' (Yes, I just made that up) is to try harder to appreciate the little things, like this facial expression. An expression I'm pretty sure only parents could love, and, in the same vein, to take less for granted. Honestly, I can't think of a single thing I need, but yet, I'm still pulling faces far more skeptical and coping tones as rough as Liam's screams. Of course, I only get upset about the most important of issues too;). Seriously though, today is my birthday, but more importantly, today, our friends 8-day old baby is having open-heart surgery. Prognosis is super positive but today an 8-day old baby, Mayla Grace, is having freaking open-heart surgery. And I still find I can get pissy about the most insignificant of shit. So, here's my open invitation to you all to call me on it (and, to keep lil Mayla & her parents in your thoughts & prayers). To remind me that I've got it more than pretty damn good....

4 comments:

Oma said...

Amen! Have a great birthday and a great trip! Love you lots!

Daddyo said...

Well a dose of reality has set in with my most favorite daughter....
Liz Happy Birthday and Enjoy every day to it's fullest....

Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to our Liz Duchek.
Love you sending our Birthday wishes.

Aunt Di, Uncle Joe and Cat

MK said...

this is great. you're great. i still cannot believe we're in our 30s.