The unofficial theme of our recent trip home does not do justice to the phenomenal time we had in both of our hometowns with our families and friends. Being away from everyone makes us fully appreciate the love & comfort that can only come from those who know us best.
So, here goes, the excessive, ridiculous list of restaurants we packed into our 10 day trip home:
Portillos
Corner Bakery (2)
King & I (liz), Jack in the Box (joe)
Starbucks (liz)
Chilis (2)
Sansai (liz), JBucks (joe)
sushi making class (liz), Plaza Grill (joe)
Schnucks white long johns (joe)
Gus' Pretzels
Granite City Grill
Wasabi
McDonald's breakfast (not available in Switzerland)
Panera
Jack Straws
Braxton
Auntie Ann's pretzel
Chipotle
Dunkin Donuts (joe)
Panera bagels
Claim Jumper
Mystic Celt
Egglectic
Macaroni Grill (2)
homemade deliciousness:
4 Christmas dinners
Christmas morning breakfast: french toast roll ups, bacon, egg casserole
bagel sammies
yummy appetizers (courtesy of kristin, aunt mary, ann&pete)
chicken alice
nick's ribs (joe manhandled a whole rack solo)
additionally; 9million christmas cookies, nana's hello dollies voted number one by the duchek's
Wow! That was all in 10 days & as we listed these off we both looked pretty repulsed from time to time as we remembered forgotten meals, seriously, who can forget a big as your head chipotle burrito lunch? There were days when each of us faltered, thinking there is no way I can eat any more, but we pulled each other through to continue with the gluttony. So much for the weight we gradually lost over our first 4months in Europe, our ten days in America welcomed it all right back!
Sorry we have been lax with the posting, we were busy enjoying great times & clearly, great food! Plus, joe just set his own personal record for consecutive hours of sleep --- 7:30pm - noon (16.5 hours).
5 comments:
Little did you mention the number of days spent shopping...I would like to see an accounting of that...... ; )
So would I.....!
Don't for get GC or where ever the hell we went to eat!
Wow, you ate so much? Glad that you had a very nice time at home.
I am fighting against my US wheigt - I gained 16 punds...
I am happy to have my nice kitchen back and the ceap prices for grocerys. But I defenetly miss US Sushi!
ps - macaroni grill twice? that is interesting
I am a bit bummed we didn't get to go to lemongrass but more for you than me. And you left off Megan's bomb.com chex mix.
Post a Comment