Monday, September 28, 2009

Golfing in Switzerland

 

I finally got the opportunity to golf over here. As you can see from the attached pictures the scenery was amazing - it was nice just to be out on the course. I was out of town for EY training (in Engelberg, primarily a ski resort area), and a few of my co-workers, including our friend Erin, skipped out on the last session of the day and squeezed in 9 holes of twilight golf. In Switzerland and Europe generally, golf is still considered an elitist sport, and typically they make you provide proof of your handicap before letting you go on the course. I was a bit afraid that they were going to reject us for not being able to provide a handicap card, but fortunately we were able to verbally confirm the information (home course: Quail Creek Golf Club, Handicap: 25). We rented clubs, which shockingly were too short... So although the score wasn't anything to write home about the scenery was! Another Switzerland goal checked off the list.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: