Thursday, September 17, 2009
The Situation is Getting Dire & Other Random Notes
One of the few things that we really cannot seem to live without are granola bars; Kashis, Lunas, Balance, Clifs -- we are a bar 'family.' So "adjusting" (for the past year) has included routine shipments of said bars. It's obnoxious to ask every visitor to bring over multiple Costco sized installments of granola bars, only to have them disappear into our bellies within a month after their departure. So, I am taking matters into my own hands. Round one of the granola bar experiment is not worth discussing. Other than to note it was a miserable failure; unless you enjoy a 'bar' that literally melts in your hand & tastes of straight up honey (a bee's dream, but not this girls). Pictured is a more successful venture which can be found here in case you feel like getting in on the hippie granola-bar making action. Some of the kids at school think it's funny that I have homemade granola bars. I am sure some of the kids at e&y are wondering what Joe's had in his lunch lately as well!
Overheard today at school while a lil boy was playing a racing video game (stated in a voice full of joy): "I'm in last place, but boy is this fun!"
I am fairly certain that this neighborhood's personal mission is to drive me further towards the brink of madness. Not only is there construction happening on 2 of the 3 major thoroughfares near our house, but now some sort of serious, knocking down walls, drilling & crashing project is happening from about 7.45am until 5pm daily almost directly across the street. To add insult to injury this morning, a man was doing something next to our front door with the door propped open (so the sound of his pounding could resonate through the entire crappy cement stairwell). Can anyone tell I'm ready for a new apt?
Today I saw a homeless man drinking a venti Starbucks frappucino. Do you know what one of those things runs for around here? It's a luxury that is out of my reach, that's all I can say.
Thanks to everyone who voted in the survey (looks like the impetious behind it got out-voted.) Sorry buddy, it's staying back in black for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment