I know we've been a bit uninformative blog-wise this month. Honestly though, you would doze off if I posted much from this very uneventful month. Here are a few of my 'highlights,' if you can honestly call them that;)
Out with some girlfriends for a delicious birthday dinner. Good night, American style food & portions (one of the ladies got ribs, oh my goodness, they were Joe sized.) These are pretty much my best girlfriends here in Zurich, just so you all have a visual. Thanks to everyone who thought of me on my birthday, it was a real outpouring of lovin.
And, here we are at the Pink Ribbon, Susan G. Kommen event. Oh, how Swiss was this, right? We were given pink hats & the long sleeve t's, and it was a rather sunny, warm afternoon. We were planning to run, so none of us put the long-sleeves on, but a photographer came up to us & told us we had to wear them. So, there are photos of a bunch of women in pink hats & long sleeve t's with their hats in the air. It was a bit silly. I must say though, we did get some super great free stuff---some products from Clinique (one of them I had just asked Mags to pick up for me b/c I was running low & then I got it for free). See, it's been a slow month when I get so excited about a free undereye stick. Although, I did just look up how much it would cost me here (32CHF), so I guess it is worth getting excited about!
Only other excitment happened today in the gym changing room (an odd experience in Switzerland to say the least). A 65+ year-old woman began speaking to me. It was a bit hazy at first what she was talking about, but then I realized she was commenting on my tattoo & how nice she thought it was. Then, she just kept blabbing away in Schweizer Deutsch, and I was lost, so I told her my German wasn't very good & she immediately switched to English. Just so you all know, this lady thinks "You will have this tattoo for your whole life. I know this because it is very nice, so delicate & fine." She also noted "I make this symbol often in my diary." PS - aren't all tattoos there for you whole life?! But, it was super cute.
We have been having an absolutely immaculate fall season here so far. So much nicer than last year at this time. It's keeping my hopes high that perhaps the winter won't feel quite so long, cold & dark as it did last year.

No comments:
Post a Comment