Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Hysterical Moment in Kindergarten History
Yesterday I encountered a young lady standing with her back to the wall in the bathroom crying profusely. Of course, there were about 7 other young ladies standing around her saying, 'why are you crying?' 'what's wrong?' and to me, 'why is she crying?' Now, considering I had just entered the room, I was in the same unclear situation as a gaggle of 6 year-olds. First things first, I attempted to clear out the gaggle of girls, although nothing attracts a crowd of young ladies like another girl crying, so this was a feat. Eventually, the girl tells me that she's upset because 'she has yogurt on her butt.' That's right folks, yogurt on her butt. I ask to see her butt & sure enough, there is a rather large stain of either strawberry or raspberry or some other red yogurt all over her leggings. This is quite upsetting to the girl, so I tell her I will assist her in cleaning the yogurt off her butt, if she will wash the yogurt off her hands. She is still crying & quite concerned that 'other people can see the yogurt on her butt.' I convince her that it looks much better (it doesn't), try wiping yogurt off a little girls butt that you've only met 45 seconds ago & you'll understand the somewhat uncomfortable position I felt myself to be in. So, I walk the girl up to her classroom & locate her teacher (the same one Cal had last year for class, love her) and give her the low-down. She reacts with, 'oh, she's a real smart one.' And proceeds to tell me that the young lady had thought it would be amusing to take her friends unopened yogurt & that's right, sit on it. I guess it was shocking to her when the container exploded & got all over her pants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are sooooo good with 7 year olds, how about you doing our Shepherd class while you are home....nothing like trying to get a word in with 9- 12 yr olds, who be the way DO Know EVERYTHING !
Post a Comment