Thursday, April 15, 2010

For the Love of All Things Holy Swiss Nana

Why did you steal your grandson's sweet flame NINTENDO bike helmet, and then ride around (on the sidewalk) slower than I can walk? (note: this question is not rhetorical) I get that you're 78 & all, but perhaps that's precisely why you should do like the other nana I passed today & walk, albeit that one was muttering to herself. I suppose if the helmet restricts you from walking around with dead eyes while muttering creepily, I'll have to let it slide.

-Crazy item 2: While at school I asked a little boy that used to be one of Cal's close friends what he did over the spring break.
'I went to Singapore, Thailand & Hong Kong.'
'Wow. That sounds great, how long does it take to fly there.'
'Business class.'
'Wait, what? I believe I said, how long is the flight?'
'Oh, 13 hours, but when you fly business class it doesn't matter. You can watch movies on your own TV, eat anything you want, play computer games & when you get bored, you can just sleep.'
Thank you 7 year old. I will restrain from ninja'ing you now. And my mom wonders how we are in the lowest tax bracket in Switzerland. I'm sure that at least 93% (completely made up figure) of all families at the school pay more in taxes than we make in a year. Fancy.

No comments: