Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm like Andy from Season 1 of Parks and Rec...but with a job

(aka Pretty Helpless)

Some of our more astute readers responded to last week's SOS by recommending the tv show Parks and Recreation (thanks Megan and Karla!) to cure the mutual boredom in the Duchek household. Having not been interested in catching the show prior to it being recommended, Liz and I have both been pleasantly surprised and now wish more episodes existed. Anyway, the character Andy has two broken legs in Season 1 and really can't do anything but live off his girlfriend's charity. He is pretty much a slacker in all senses of the word, which is sort of how I feel at the moment. Liz has been running the show around here and I couldn't be more appreciative. So, the whole point of this post was to thank Liz for taking care of me during these immobile times.

Meet with the doctor again in 2.5 weeks to hopefully drop the crutches like a bad habit, so we'll see. Weather is finally turning nice, so it's time to get out there!

2 comments:

Daddyo said...

While I truly love Karla & MK, I must say that you both need to get a life....Parks & Recreation ?
NBC, aka National Barack Channel, is not viewed on Piccadilly.....
There was a great one show on Discovery over the weekend, Comet Collison. It told of how we, NASA, designed, created, lauanched and the collided a satelitte into a comet traveling at 66,000 mph, or 107,000 kph for my Metric firends.
This kind of programming shows what we can do when we are not watching Parks & Recreation.....enough already....

Daddyo said...

wow there were a few too many spelling errors in that last post,
I was typing without my brain engaged....I am sorry !