We are just coming off a carefree, long weekend into another week of Joe being out of town (boo), as for me, I'll be spending most of it sweating on the playground (just standing there), doing laundry, I might even break out the iron (joe's subtle complaints about his shirts not looking as good are finally starting to set in), and going to the gym. Nothing like spending the entire long weekend at the park, hiking, playing volleyball, hiking, going to the movies (live long & prosper) & out for sushi to really make the work week look like a serious pisser. Ah well, the weather has been beautiful, albeit, a bit on the warm (say warm with a v instead of a w, and you've just said warm in german, congratulations) side. Seriously, I had backsweat from the first 20 minute recess, most of which I spent in a completely still standing postion, while partly shaded by the jungle jim. I am really looking forward to the hour noon recess, really, I am.
Yesterday we decided to take a hike outside of Zug, which is just about 30 minutes from Zurich. We had to take a bus out to the hike's starting point. A non-airconitioned, un-ventilated bus. Nothing like creating a desire for exercise by firing up the sweat glands sitting in a stale aired, 90+ degree bus. I feel we have been seriously decieved by every individual who has even said to us; "it doesn't get that hot here." Essentially though, it's not that hot here. Nothing like St. Louis. But, America has air conditioning in cars, buses & public transport (at least I think it does, I have never even been on a bus in St. Louis) --- can anyone confirm A/C in St. Louis buses for me? Anyone? Anyone? Buhler? Seriously, there would be far more violent crimes on buses in the Lou if there was no A/C. Even in the apartment, I got cranky at Joe for putting his sweaty paw on my shoulder because of the increased body heat. I cannot imagine what it's like to be pregnant in Mexico right now, I am feeling for you A.
We do hope everyone is feeling comfortable in their respective environments & getting ready to enjoy some grilled foods & beers on this, Memorial Day. Enjoy a Miller Lite (yum, I just salivated) & some burgers & salads for us!
1 comment:
Yes to a/c on busses in STL. Dan Herman and I both agree that air conditioning might be the best invention of the 20th century. My house is a cool 72-74 degrees right now. Love it.
What does 'spielen' mean? Play? That's what the translation on alta vista babelfish was.
Post a Comment