The town where I work is just a bit outside Zurich, but things are much more rural, grassy and quiet out there. Recently, my Mom asked if I'd seen the beautiful moon and I noted that I was waiting for the bus one night after work and it was hanging gorgeous and low amidst a sky full of stars. No one else was around, there was only the sound of very distant cars....this at 7.45pm. Which prompted parental concern over my safety...So yeah, it's a quiet place. But I digress.
Yesterday we are out enjoying a gorgeous afternoon at the park. As the weather's been getting colder here, the sheep, goats and all other varieties of farm animals are being brought down off the mountains. And where are they living now you ask? All alongside the path to the park, duh. We arrived to the park, no animal incidents or interactions other than a smattering of comments like 'look at the baby goats,' 'they are cute.' However, as we were leaving the park, walking past the animals a funny thing occurred. I'm at a loss for how it all began, but I believe the oldest child made a 'baaahhhing' noise. There were about 30 sheep in all varieties of size, spread out over a vast rolling hill. And they all began slowly to walk forward towards the fence, next to where we were standing...baahhing and bleating as they got closer and closer. There was a definite 'leader of the sheep,' who bleated the loudest and seemed to be calling all the others to him to stare at this 'child sheep.' It was eerie. I honestly wished I had the video camera as the noise was incredible and the slow steady way they all approached us was like a horror movie when all the dead people are lumbering slowly towards you before they kill you....luckily there is a rope fence, rope people, that was protecting us from the lunatic sheep, so yeah, they couldn't have easily gotten past that I'm sure...
1 comment:
Post a Comment