Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Quick Update

Sorry for the delayed posting of the Oktoberfest pics (they are still not posted), but wanted to give a couple of updates:

1) We have moved into our new place but don't have internet yet, which may slow down the posts for a bit.
2) We are currently having issues with our our laptop (just a black screen right now, which is not good at all) which is also delaying the postings
3) We purchased a bunch of shiz from IKEA and it all needs to be assembled. It looks like it will all work out well, but the assembly sucks
4) Our shower doesn't have a shower bar / curtain currently because there is only one wall against the tub (as opposed to the usual 3) so we cannot just use a spring-loaded straight bar, rather we have to rig something or find a D-shaped bar if that makes sense.
5) Three rooms came without light fixtures and they have still not been put in. I am considering putting them in myself but don't have my tools, which are still on the boat. The voltage is higher here so I am not sure if I will install myself - what electrocutes you more volts, watts, amps?
6) Our shipment has cleared customs in the UK, but may still be a few days / weeks away.
7) No bed yet (also on the boat) so we are breaking in the futon at the moment - how fun!

Oktoberfest was a great time and we will post those pics as well as house pics soon.

I hope you all are doing well.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hi guys!
All I can say is, where is Ron-ode when you need him? Sounds like he'd have great fun helping you with your "projects" around the house! And Joe, don't touch those electrical projects! Yikes!
Love you both!
Momma D.