Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Atrophy What What?!

 

Atrophy - 1. A wasting or decrease in size of a body organ, tissue, or part owing to disease, injury, or lack of use. 2. Melodic Death Metal band from Berlin, Germany.
In a way, I wish this title related to the band, although I find it hard to believe that death metal can be melodic. Note: I just turned them on, and my ear drums confirm the theory.
Seriously, this picture does not do justice to the insane muscle loss Joe has undergone in the past 7 weeks post-injury. As his 'official' leg massage therapist (he has to call to make an appointment, usually this involves making a ringing noise while sitting next to me, but still, I insist on an appointment) I can tell you, it sure is crazy to work on the injured one, followed by the healthy, muscular one. However, we are now less than one week away from the next doctor's visit & starting down the road to serious rehab.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now make me cry - you guys hang in there - so far seems as though you are "holding up well" even if it is on crutches :)
love to you both
Aunt M

Daddyo said...

I have never seen the back of Joe's legs....and all I can say is, " Those socks look a little weak " Not to worry, new socks are on the way !