Friday, July 9, 2010

The Guy from Snakes on a Plane

 

As Joe & I were leaving Bauschänzli last night after a nice, post-work beer, I stopped short in my tracks. And stuttered out to Joe, "isn't that? uh, i think that's..." Only to have a guy from the entourage (which had just entouraged by us) turn & shake his head in the affirmative at me. "It's the guy from snakes on a plane" I finally said. Joe was all 'have you ever even seen that movie?' and I was like no. But I'm pretty sure in the ads he yelled something about 'motherfing snakes on the plane.' So yeah, we saw Samuel L. Jackson get on a sweet mahogany speed boat on Lake Zurich yesterday. Took a while to sort out his actual name of course. A black man dressed in all white in Zurich is not at all a common sight, so it's no surprise I noticed him. Honestly though, I was most bothered by the fact that he had all white people with him. Do you not keep it real SamuelLJ?
 

Plus, we'd been admiring this boat from our spot at the beer garden and wondering what a boat like that would run. Turns out it runs on the serious cash that only an actor from such classics as snakes on a plane fame can afford. Note: Joe thinks we now need to rent this movie but I reject this hypothesis. Just b/c it was the first (and only) movie that came to my head when I saw the guy, does not mean we need to torture ourselves with viewing it. (Depressing note: Joe just insisted on IMDB'ing SameulLJ and he's been in 131 movies, although to my credit, the only ones I've seen are Inglorious Basterds (only his voice), Die Hard: With a Vengeance and Jurassic Park; a seriously horrific list)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: