Well one thing is for sure, we will not be looking for ground floor apartments, it freaking super noisy in this biz. So we saw our second apartment last night, another rejection. We liked the layout of the first one, but not the area, now we liked the area but not the apartment. Oh well, our agent has to show us 8 more -- so we are sure we will find one...sometime.
Joe is at his first day of real work. I don't think there is too much going on for his workwise yet. Not much else going on in my life. Everything is super challenging considering the language barrier. Going to the grocery store pretty much takes an hour, and I have been in different ones at least once a day since we arrived! It's like at home, only certain stores have certain products, so I need to figure out which places have the good stuff. Frighteningly, I had to pull out my rough Spanish skills yesterday to get information about a gym b/c the woman didn't speak English & I don't speak German, so we met in the middle --- she was going at about 1 million miles per minute though, so my comprehension was definitely challenged.
Trying to plan a quick weekend trip....but our internet is a hater, and only allows me access to certain websites. I am feeling very lucky to be able to get on the blog, it usually is a no go. Okay, well I need to run out to get info about my German class, go to the post, the grocery, etc.
Call us, post comments, send us love!
2 comments:
Have you been able to find peanut butter yet??!
Obviously this is the most important question ever.
Glad to hear you guys are doing well! Good luck with the rest of your apartment hunting. Can't wait to see more pictures.
Yeah, actually I bought it at the store earlier this week & it is totally normal. We used to buy the all natural PB at home, but I am over that....so it was a false alarm that it was going to be hard to find.
Post a Comment