Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mein Name ist Liz, Ich bin Liz, Ich heisse Liz

How many different ways do I need to be able to say: my name is liz? I mean seriously. We have spent almost a cumulative 4 hours on how to introduce people in this language. The first day of class our teacher rolled in with crazier hair than I rock just rolling out of bed (even with the collic in full effect, this lady has me totally beat on the wacked out hair front). And she just starts rambling away in German, like we are all here because we can't function in this society, so just keep on rubbing that one in. But there is no common language among the students, so there really is no choice I suppose....I am working on some spanish as well (double language time) because some of the other students only speak spanish. But most of them are already bi-, tri- & beyond linguistically. One girl speaks english, russian, french & spanish, & is obviously working on german, sure, why not?

Also, yesterday someone came up to me & said, "Sprechen Sie englisch?" It was super great, someone thought I looked like I belonged here & like I would know what I was talking about enough to ask me if I spoke english. Of course, I was clueless as to how to assist him, but he figured it out & then explained it to me! Wonderbar!

No comments: