In Bern, they have stores that are basically underground, hence the door that Joe is about a foot too tall for. So, I walking around the street admiring the underground stores, when I spotted an underground Lush (that is right, they have Lush here so I'll never run out of deodorant!). I got super excited when I saw this and was staring down there, walking along when all of a sudden Joe was like "Liz, move" and he yanked me over to him. I was about 5 feet from getting smoked by a bus....at least my last living memory would have been the lovely smell of Lush! But seriously, the bus driver did not even beep at me like they do in Zurich if you are being a fool tourist.
Other than the underground stores, there really was not too much to see in Bern. They are famous for these bear pits which Joe & I walked right past twice because they are seriously the lamest thing I have ever seen. It's just a concrete hole in the ground with one sad old bear in it. We were equally disappointed by the Fine Arts (Kunstmuseum) Museum.
We rented Zurirollt (free city bike rentals for anyone w/ a passport & a 20CHF deposit which you get back when you return the bikes) twice this weekend which was amazing. There are some great paths along the lake and the river that we were able to check out. The sun was out for a good part of the weekend as well so it was a great way to get outside & explore the city/countryside! When you all come to visit, this is definitely something fun to do here & basically the only thing free in this entire land! (We are totally spoiled by free everything in the Lou, the zoo here is like 25CHF per person!)
Well, happy Monday ladies & gents. I have German homework to get rocking on, hooray, let the good times roll....
2 comments:
did you have to write about the FREE bikes? You know who, will now be talking about nothing else.....
Liz have a little compassion for your 'ol Dad !
I still am hoping that I will be able to get your 'ol Dad on one of those bikes when we come to visit.
Mags
Post a Comment