Thursday, September 11, 2008

apartment drama

We just found out yesterday that we are getting kicked out of our short term apartment at the end of the month, and I know I have not been all sunshine & smiles about this place, but it is certainly more appealing than being homeless, or having to move into another short term place. We are bombarding our agent with emails & places that we have found online, but she is basically AWOL. So, not too much else to report. I have a cold or allergies, whatever, my immune system is certainly up against a bit of stress.
We are meeting up with my cousin Anthony's wife, Tara, & her parents on Saturday in a small German town, so we are certainly looking forward to that. And then on Sunday I think we will go for a hike & to a very yummy looking vegetarian place I have been waiting to go to called Hiltl. www.hiltl.ch in case anyone wants to drool over it with me, or give me input on what I should order!
Would anyone like me to do a week in Swiss meals? It would pretty much just be what I make for dinner, but I am pretty impressed with what I am cooking up with only 2 burners & a microwave. Don't worry though, there is an espresso machine, which I have absolutely no idea how to work....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the apartment, that is a huge bummer. But no worries something better will definitely come along.

here would be my menu rec's:
Feuilleté with Wild Mushrooms
Curry Salad
Züri Geschnetzeltes

The Swiss sure like their cream sauce. The restaurant definitely looks good but quite interesting. g'luck