I have become obsessed with tomato mozzarella since we arrived here. The tomatoes are so delicious & the cheese, well, I think we can all imagine that it is above par. Coffee, another big plus. Cafe creme, latte macchiatto, all but my first coffee experience here (recall: caramel machiatto without espresso) have been pure deliciousness. The chocolate bar that tastes like bank chocolate, yum (note: I have never seen joe eat as much chocolate in my life as I have in the past few weeks.) Oh, and the bread/foccacia/carbs/pretzels/carbs --- a notch above.
Some foods that are not really stacking up include: lettuce (*we have had to suffer through some really piss poor salads in the past few weeks). I finally found the 2 varieties of lettuce that are acceptable to our palates, so much for buying what is "on sale." And, Fiber, where, oh where are you? Apparently the Swiss are not nearly as interested in poop as the Ducheks. Granola bars, holy yuck, imagine the quaker oat's granola bars (in weird German fruit flavors) with an extra cup of sugar added just for the hell of it. Oh, and they don't seem to believe in canned soup here so when I decided to make grilled cheese & tomato soup for dinner sometime this week I had to purchase powdered tomato soup, that's right, powder soup people.

4 comments:
Powdered tomato soup. Fancy.
But dammit if I'm not craving cheese (and carbs, foccacia in particular) like mad right now.
I can send you guys granola bars and other poo-friendly food if you want. Just say the word.
http://tinyurl.com/574fzx
Go ahead and find out if breast milk tastes better in Switzerland. It's probably good for pooping too. Mmmmmmmmm.
well diane, i must say you are certainly the first & only person to send along that information! unfortunately though, i won't have anything to compare it to...
Post a Comment