Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Try Saying This Three Times Fast: Pflanzschulstrasse 51

Better remember it, even if you can't say it, because it's our new address in Zurich! To be honest, I think our agent was more excited about it than we were (she was getting really tired of our tri-daily email onslaught I guess....) The flat (think reliving the 1970 in the kitchen & bathroom) is in a great location, close to our temporary place, 15-20 minutes to Joe's work, & about 10 minutes to get downtown. Now I am mentally preparing for multiple trips to Ikea (my own personal hell), painting?, installing shower bars, light fixtures (that's right they take them with when they move out here, so we have wires hanging out of the ceiling of most rooms), & purchasing all other types of goods like toilet seats that I have no idea how to say in German. Our shipment & therefore our bed is stalled in UK customs, so hopefully it will clear before 9/30 (doubtful) when we move in. So, don't worry mom, we'll be buying the top of the line Ikea futon (still crappy, I'm sure) because we'll need to sleep on it for our first few weeks in our new home as well.

Here are the particulars:
Pflanzschulstrasse 51
CH-8004 Zurich
Switzerland

I don't think the apartment number is necessary (nor do I know it) because our name(s) will be on the mail box.
Thanks for everyones good energy & thoughts during our flat hunt, we appreciate it!

4 comments:

Daddyo said...

Toilettesitz literal translation from Eng. to Deutsch.
Of course I would know that one....
What now we have to pray for Furniture delivery....what's next ?
love you guys !
Daddyo.....

die Rissler's said...

Toilettensitz
Lampen
Duschvorhang
Wandfarbe
...and I don't remember the rest. Write us a mail and we will help you to translate :-))
Congrats to your new appartment! Steffi

Bertucci said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for you guys.

Let me know if you miss anything American...I'd be happy to send y'all stuff. What kind of granola bars to you like?

(Holy shit, did I just say y'all?)

Unknown said...

Please tell me they don't take their toilet seats with them too, those crazy swiss.
g'luck at IKEA maybe it won't be as bad since you won't know what everyone is saying...